How to Apply
The Garland School of Social Work is now accepting Master of Social Work (MSW) applications for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Priority deadline is March 1st. Applicants who submit a completed application and all supplemental materials by March 1st are eligible to receive the opportunity to apply for a graduate assistantship and the most competitive financial aid award. Please allow up to 72 hours of processing time for all documents.
Note: Students applying to the Waco campus (as standard or advanced standing) must have a degree conferred date by July 15 to be eligible to apply for the upcoming academic year.
To learn more about social work, the MSW at Baylor, and the application process, fill out our inquiry form here.
For specific MSW eligibility requirements, follow the links below:
Students interested in applying for the Baylor University residential MSW Standard or Advanced Standing Degree option are required to submit the following documents:
Transcripts uploaded or submitted by the applicant are considered unofficial; however, transcripts that are sent directly from the institution are considered official. Official certified electronic transcripts should be sent to: MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu Official hard copy transcripts should be mailed to:
Garland School of Social Work
One Bear Place, #97320
Waco, Texas 76798-7320
- GoGarland Online Application
- $45 Application Fee
- You may qualify for an application fee waiver. If you are interested in applying for an application fee waiver, complete the Application Fee Waiver Qualification Form here.
- GSSW Financial Aid Form
- 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) or CSS International Profile for international applicants
- Field Evaluation (For Advanced Standing Only)
- Transcripts from all previous institutions. Prior to graduation, transcripts should include grades earned at least one semester into your final year.
A completed application includes submission of the GoGarland Application and all supplemental application materials. Please allow up to 72 hours of processing time for all documents.
A limited number of transfer credits may be accepted from other institutions. For information about transfer student eligibility requirements, click here.
For more information regarding the MSW Application, contact the School of Social Work via email at MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu or phone at 254-710-6411.