The next GML cohort will begin in August of 2023. The GML deadline for both the MSW and GML applications is February 1, 2023.
GML scholarship recipients receive a fixed scholarship that includes:
- Full tuition and student fees
- Living costs (both year one in Waco, and year two in home community)
- Airfare to/from Waco both year one and two
- Visa Costs
GML Program Calendar*
- Year One
- Late July: Arrive in Waco for orientation
- August – May: Attend classes and internship
- May: Return to home community
- Year Two
- July: Move to location in home region to fulfill advanced internship if needed.
- August – May: Attend virtual classes and local internship
- Late April: Arrive in Waco to attend week long intensive course to prepare Capstone presentation**
- Late April: Present Capstone in Garland School of Social Work Colloquium
- May: Graduate with Master in Social Work
- After Graduation: GML students fulfill a two-year commitment to implement their graduate knowledge in their home country.
*Calendar is subject to change.
**Can participate in Capstone course and Colloquium virtually if preferred.
The GML degree plan is as follows:
- Intro to the Profession
- Practice with Individual and Families
- Practice with Groups
- Foundation Internship I and II
- Practice with Communities and Individuals
- Social Policy
- Research for Practice
Year 2 - Community or Clinical Specialization
- Research Seminar
- Administrative Practice in Social Work
- Advanced Internship I and II
- Community Specialization
- Frameworks and Perspectives for Community Practice
- Advanced Practice I and II: Community Practice
- Clinical Specialization
- Advanced Clinical Theories and Models
- Advanced Clinical Practice: Individual Families and Groups
- Advanced Clinical Practice: Children and Families
- Advanced Clinical Practice: Health Settings
In addition to these required courses, 6 hours of elective credits are required as part of the standard MSW degree plan and can be taken at any point during the program. For a list of pre-approved Social Work electives visit this site.