The next GML cohort will begin in August of 2024. The deadline for both the MSW and GML applications is February 1, 2024.
GML scholarship recipients receive a fixed scholarship that includes:
- Full tuition and student fees
- Living costs (both year one in Waco, and year two in home community)
- Airfare to/from Waco both year one and two
- Visa Costs
GML Program Calendar*
- Year One
- Late July: Arrive in Waco for orientation
- August – May: Attend classes and internship
- May: Return to home community
- Year Two
- July: Move to location in home region to fulfill advanced internship if needed.
- August – May: Attend virtual classes and local internship, including presenting in the online colloquium
- May: Graduate with Master in Social Work**
- After Graduation: GML students fulfill a two-year commitment to implement their graduate knowledge in their home country.
*Calendar is subject to change.
**GML Scholars are invited to return to Waco to participate in the Baylor Graduation Ceremonies, contingent on obtaining a tourist visa.
The GML degree plan is as follows:
- Human Diversity and Social Justice
- Human Behavior Theory: Person and Environment
- Social Work Practice with Individuals, Groups, and Communities and Organizations
- Foundation Internship I and II
- Social Policy
- Research for Practice
Year 2 - Community or Clinical Specialization
- Advanced Internship I and II
- Community Specialization
- Theoretical Frameworks for Community Practice
- Community Social Work Practice I and II
- Program Evaluation for Practice Improvement
- Clinical Specialization
- Clinical Diagnosis in Social Work
- Clinical Social Work Practice I and II
- Clinical Evaluation for Practice Improvement
In addition to these required courses, 6 hours of elective credits are required as part of the standard MSW degree plan and can be taken at any point during the program. For a list of pre-approved Social Work electives visit this site.