The GSSW offers students many opportunities for leadership development, academic scholarship and community-building.
- Student Organizations
- Committee Service
- One way to develop leadership skills is to get involved in committee service. The School has student representation on its administrative committees and also on the Board of Advocates. Students can also participate on degree advisory councils.
- Outstanding Leadership
- The School recognizes outstanding student leadership with various awards during our Family Dinner Celebration.
- Professional Development/Conference Attendance
- Faculty and staff attend several professional conferences throughout the year. Students are encouraged to also take advantage of these opportunities. Examples include: Council of Social Work Education (CSWE), National Association of Social Workers (NASW), National Association of Social Workers - Texas, North American Association of Christian Social Workers (NACSW) and others.
- Research and Publication
- One of the educational benefits of Baylor School of Social Work is the opportunity to work alongside faculty members in their research and publication.
- Student Lounge and Student Computer Lab
- Between classes or for a study group meeting, kick back and relax in the School's Student Lounge. The Grace Table offers a steady supply of snacks. The Student Computer Lab is open daily from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Resources, events and traditions
- Stay Connected
- Keep current on all the activities and events of the School by following the weekly e-newsletter, The Voice, and finding us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.