Become an Internship Placement Site
Internship sites are approved by the Directors of Practicum Education with oversight approval of the faculty. In order for agencies to be approved for the purpose of providing practicum instruction, they must meet minimum criteria. The agency shall:
- Be compatible with the philosophy, values, and ethics of the social work profession.
- Be familiar with and supportive of the mission of the Garland School of Social Work.
- Affirm in purpose and function the mission, methods, and curriculum of the program.
- Be clear about their programs and methods.
- Support the professional role of the intern by engaging the intern in responsibilities and tasks of a professional at the appropriate level (based on the intern's level, either BSW or MSW) under the supervision of an experienced practitioner and by valuing the work of the supervisor.
- Offer social work interns a wide range of learning opportunities. Students' assignments will include opportunities to work with one or more of the following: individuals, families, groups, organizations including faith-based organizations, congregations, neighborhoods, and communities.
- Agree to the execution of a written agreement between the University and the agency. This contract is facilitated by the legal department of the University.
If you are interested in serving as an internship placement site, complete and submit the form below. Someone from the practicum education office will contact you for further discussion.