Current Internship Supervisor Benefits
Below are benefits that are available to all approved Social Work Supervisors and Task Supervisors. Benefits are available during the terms/semesters when an intern is placed with the Social Work Supervisor or Task Supervisor, or the Social Work Supervisor or Task Supervisor is otherwise actively providing service to GSSW.
- Annual practicum orientation and in-service workshops provided by GSSW for all practicum supervisors including Social Work Supervisors and Task Supervisors related to social work and student/educational issues.
- Free continuing education hours at GSSW events.
- Individual practicum consultation from faculty assigned as liaisons to the agency.
- Use of practicum education instructional materials, including books, journals, and videos.
- Access to audit graduate program elective courses as space is available.
- BUID Number – The Baylor ID number is a nine-digit number beginning with an “8”. This number becomes the person’s primary identifier in those systems and is known as the Baylor ID card number.
- Bear ID – A Bear ID is an electronic identifier created uniquely for every auxiliary, student, and employee at Baylor. Your Bear ID and password are the keys to your Baylor email account and to accessing many campus digital resources.
- Baylor Auxiliary ID Card – ID cards are available to be picked up in person at the ID office located in Waco. It can be used at the library and for athletic tickets. It is not required to access all benefits.
- Baylor Email – Access to a baylor.edu email account. It is only active during the term/semester(s) that you are supervising a student intern. GSSW will not use the Baylor email for communication.
- University Libraries – Checkout and electronic library services.
- Baylor Bookstore – 10% discount on all items including books for all ages, Baylor Bear apparel, gift items and more, except those items “on sale”. Discounts can be applied to online purchases.
- Athletic Tickets – Eligible for free admission to campus athletic events (excluding football and post-season games) when available.
- Season Tickets – Eligible for discounted season tickets to campus athletic events. More athletic ticket information is available at Baylor Athletics.