At a Glance
The mission of the Diana R. Garland School of Social Work at Baylor University is to prepare social workers in a Christian context for worldwide service and leadership.
Goals of the Garland School of Social Work are...
1. To produce alumni who are:
- Influencing (through service and leadership) the social welfare of people, families, and communities globally.
- Ethically integrating religious faith with social work practice.
- Culturally responsive and competent.
- Effective in creating healthy organizations.
2. To produce research by the school and its alumni that:
- Provides resources and models for excellence in professional social work practice that contribute to social justice and the well-being of individuals, families, and communities.
- Provides resources and models that are respectful, faithful, and effective for communities of faith and religiously affiliated organizations.