Baylor BSW 5th Year Program
Undergraduate students earning their Bachelor of Social Work degree at Baylor University are candidates for the 5-year program. BSW students can earn their BSW and Master of Social Work degrees in 5 years. If a student meets eligibility requirements for the 5th year graduate program, they are not required to complete a separate application to the MSW program at Baylor University. Eligibility requirements for the 5th year program are:
- 3.0 Overall GPA
- Earned grade of "B" or better in all social work courses
- Positive recommendation of the BSW Practicum (SWO 4492) faculty
BSW seniors who do not meet the eligibility requirements above are eligible to apply to the 5th year program through an expedited MSW application process. Information about the application process and deadlines for the advanced standing program can be found here. As a BSW senior you are not required to obtain transcripts or field evaluation from Baylor. The Enrollment, Career, and Alumni Services (ECA) office will obtain these documents on your behalf.
Financial Aid Opportunities
All BSW seniors are eligible to receive our most competitive financial aid packages, including a guaranteed opportunity to apply for a graduate assistantship. The Garland School of Social Work offers three types of financial aid:
- Tuition Remission
- Graduate Assistantships
For more information about available financial aid, click here.
BSW seniors receive communication from the ECA office in late December. This communication includes confirmation of eligibility status, links to required forms, and a timeline of important steps. For any questions, seniors should email ECA office at MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu.
- December 20-22: All BSW seniors will receive an email from ECA with 5th year program eligibility status and instructions regarding next steps
- January 22: Required forms to affirm interest in 5th year due (required forms are included in December communication). Students are required to identify their campus of interest. For information about the residential campus in Waco, Texas, click here. For information about the online campus, click here.
- February 1: Admissions and financial aid letters sent to BSW seniors eligible for 5th year program
- March 1: Statement of intent and non-refundable $250 deposit due