The Garland School of Social Work requires applicants have either a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or proof of equivalent training at a foreign institution of higher learning. The institution must be fully recognized as regionally accredited at the time the degree is conferred.
Note: Students applying to the Waco campus must have a degree conferred date by July 15th to be eligible to apply for the upcoming academic year.
International applicants are citizens or permanent residents of a country to which they intend to return other than the United States must submit a completed application that includes:
- GoGarland Online Application
- $45 Application Fee
- You may qualify for an application fee waiver. If you are interested in applying for an application fee waiver, complete the Application Fee Waiver Qualification Form here.
- GSSW Financial Aid Form
- CSS International Profile
- Letters of recommendation: At least one of your three letters of recommendation should come from an academic professor who has direct knowledge of your academic work.
- Transcripts: Yearly or semester records from each college or university attended that indicate the number of lecture and/or laboratory hours per week, per course, and the grade received in each course.
- Diplomas/Proof of Degree/Academic Certificates is required for each degree you have received. The documents will include the title and date of the degree conferred.
- International applicants must demonstrate English-language proficiency by submitting one of the following:
TOEFL Paper: 550; Computer: 213; Internet: 80
TOEFL Essentials: 8.5
TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid up to 2 years.
International applicants are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement under the following circumstances:
- You have a conferred bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States.
- English is the national language of your country.
- Your degree was issued from an institution where English is the only language of instruction.
- You are a U.S. citizen.
Our admissions coordinators are proficient in reviewing academic records from different educational systems from around the world. If however, the coordinator is unable to verify the accreditation status or authenticity of academic documents, etc. the applicant will be asked to provide supplemental information, or to obtain an evaluation from WES (World Education Services). Please request all official evaluations to be sent to:
One Bear Place, #97320
Waco, Texas 76798-7320
OR via email at MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu
For additional information and specific help on understanding the many processes, regulations, and timelines for international students, please visit Center for Global Engagement.