Guardianship Education Certificate Program
Welcome to the online Guardianship education program: A Complete Guide to Guardianship, offered by the Garland School of Social Work and Friends for Life. The program consists of 11 individual courses and a number of packages specifically designed for different career fields (see packages available below).
These courses, written by attorneys and guardianship professionals with years of experience, offer a comprehensive examination of the complex subject of adult guardianship. The courses provide the information needed to understand the basics of being a good guardian from beginning to end, including the importance of considering alternatives to guardianship and monitoring for continued needs.
Some of our courses include:
- What is Guardianship?
- How do I determine if Guardianship is the right choice?
- Minimum standards for Certified Guardians
- How does person-centered planning ensure the best quality of life?
- What happens when things change?
- What does a Guardian of the Person actually do?
- And so much more!
This program is great for...
- new and professional guardians
- social workers
- senior advocates
- health care providers
- attorneys and court staff
- school officials
- medical professionals
- family guardians
- and anyone who wants to learn more about Guardianship
Highlights of our program:
- The JBCC has approved 16.5 Guardianship CEU credit hours for the Comprehensive package.
- The State Bar of Texas has approved 4.5 CLE credit hours for the Attorney package.
- Texas Legislative Update has been approved for 1.5 CEU credit hours by the JBCC.
- LMSW/LPC CEUs are also available.
- Individual courses are $30.
- Full certificate program is $220 (all 11 courses).
- Package prices vary. Click on each package for prices.
For more information, call (254) 710-6440 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org