C3I Academic Articles
The academic articles below were written by the C3I team and published in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Harris, H., & Yancey, G. I. (2021). The why and how of congregational discernment in LGBTQ+ inclusion: Models in the literature. Religions, 12(1), 14, https://doi.org/10.3390/rel12010014
- Harris, H. W., & Yancey, G. (2017). Values, dissonance, and rainbows: Practice tips for Christian social workers in a polarized world. Social Work & Christianity: An International Journal, 44(1-2), 123-142.
- Harris, H., Yancey, G.I., Cole, C., Cressy, V., Smith, N., Herridge, M., Ziegler, M., West, B., & Wills, L. (2021). Addressing LGBTQ+ inclusion: Challenges, faith, and resilience in the church and her people. Social Work & Christianity, 48(1), 75-105. https://doi.org/10.34043/swc.v48i1.177
- Harris, H., Yancey, G. I., Dawson, K., Gregory, J. (2021). A way forward for discernment in congregations: LGBTQ+ inclusion. Religions, 12(3), 191. https://doi.org/10.3390/rel12030191
- Harris, H., Yancey, G. I., Dawson, K., Gregory, J. (2021). Congregational discernment in LGBTQ+ inclusion: Process lessons from 21 congregations. Religions, 12(1) 25. https://doi.org/10.3390/rel12010025
- Harris, H., Yancey, G. I., Holmes, K., Jones, J., Goertzen, G., & Herridge, M. (2022). The role of older adults in congregational discernment: lessons about LGBTQ+ inclusion. Journal of Religion, Spirituality & Aging, DOI: 10.1080/15528030.2022.2038336
- Harris, H., Yancey, G. I., Steward, S. (2020). Congregational discernment: One church case study. Religions, 11(27). https://doi.org/10.3390/rel11010027
- Harris, H., Yancey, G.I., Timbers, V., Cole, C. (2020) LGBTQI+ and Christian? Who decides? Journal of Religion & Spirituality in Social Work: Social Thought, 39(4), 452-473. 10.1080/15426432.2020.1802392
- Hill, E. & Yancey, G. I. (2022). Trauma and congregations: Surveying congregations on trauma frequency, educational preparedness, competency, and experiences. Social Work and Christianity, 49(3), 256–269. https://doi.org/10.34043/swc.v49i3.296
- Hill, E. & Yancey, G. I. (2022). Trauma and congregations: The importance of trauma sensitivity in local religious congregations. Social Work & Christianity, 49(2), 181–196. https://doi.org/10.34043/swc.v49i2.191