Students who have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or proof of equivalent education at an international institution of higher learning can apply for the Standard MSW program. The institution must be fully recognized as regionally accredited at the time the degree is conferred. Full-time students can complete their MSW in two years.
Note: Students applying to the residential campus in Waco, Texas, must have a degree conferred date by July 15 to be eligible to apply for the upcoming academic year.
To be considered for admission to the standard MSW program, students must submit a completed application which includes:
- GoGarland Online Application
- $45 Application Fee
- You may qualify for an application fee waiver. If you are interested in applying for an application fee waiver, complete the Application Fee Waiver Qualification Form here.
- GSSW Financial Aid Form
- 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) or CSS International Profile for international applicants
- Letters of recommendation: At least one of your three letters of recommendation must be from an academic professor who has direct knowledge of your academic work.
- Transcripts from all previous institutions. Prior to graduation, transcripts should include grades earned at least one semester into your final year.
Additionally, a citizen of the United States who has received their undergraduate degree from an institution outside the United States or Canada, please follow the instructions for international transcripts here.
If a student shows that they have earned credit from a CSWE accredited MSW program within 2-4 calendar years prior to the therm to which they are applying, they are not considered a transfer student, but they are required to submit a letter of good standing from the MSW program director and a copy of the final field evaluation (if field credits were earned).
If a student shows that they have earned credit from a CSWE accredited MSW program 5 or more calendar years prior to the term for which they are applying, they are not considered a transfer student and are required to apply as a standard student.