How to Apply
Current Application Timeline
Next Cohort Begins: August 2023
GML deadline* for both MSW and GML applications: February 1, 2023
*WES Evaluation fees will be waived for GML candidates who complete all application materials for both applications by this date.
Steps to Apply
- Contact GlobalMissionLeader@baylor.edu or fill out this interest form regarding your intent to apply.
- The GML Program Coordinator will be in contact to help walk you through the application process, if needed. Graduate-Level University applications in the US can feel daunting, and we want to support you in any way we are able.
- Apply to the Diana R. Garland School of Social Work as a 2-year MSW student
- Visit this site for MSW application requirements.
- On the MSW application, indicate your intention to apply for the GML Scholarship. You must indicate on the MSW application that you intend to apply for the GML program in order to be emailed the GML application.
- The GML application link will be emailed to you upon completion of the MSW application.
- If you have questions about your MSW application call (001) 254-710-7853 or email MSW_Admissions@baylor.edu.
- Apply for the Global Mission Leadership Scholarship Program using the emailed link to the application.
- Email GlobalMissionLeader@baylor.edu regarding your fee waivers.
What to Expect in the GML Scholarship Application
- General information about who you are, your personal goals, and your desire to serve in your community, as well as your educational and service background. Please thoughtfully consider your responses to these questions.
- Supervisor Reference
- Please ask a work supervisor who currently or has previously directly supervised your work to complete the form that is emailed directly to them.
- Character and Service Reference
- Please ask a community leader or personal reference who can attest to your character to complete the form that is emailed directly to them.
- Academic Writing Sample
- This sample can be a previous paper from your undergraduate or graduate coursework demonstrating your academic writing proficiency, on any topic of concern to the applicant, but papers relevant to social work practice are highly recommended.
- Statement of Intent to Serve in the Country of Concern.
Please contact GlobalMissionLeader@baylor.edu if you have any questions about your eligibility or the application process.