- South Beloit, IL
- May 2023
- Taco Betty’s (Rockford, IL)
Why did you choose Baylor's MSW Program?
- One of the main reasons I chose to attend Baylor is because of their commitment to integrating faith and social justice. I really desired to be a part of a community that valued both faith and social justice. Also, the smaller classroom sizes! I really wanted to be able to connect with my professors and form relationships with them.
What is a cause you are passionate about?
- I’m passionate about meeting the unique needs of elderly people and advocating for them in their communities. I also love to bridge the gap between the aging community and younger individuals.
How does a Master of Social Work degree fit into your career plan?
- I want to work with the geriatric population and provide counseling or group therapy. I also want to be an advocate for mental health among the elderly community and getting my MSW would help to equip me well for this!
What is a piece of advice you would give a prospective student
- Be open-minded and see yourself as a life-long learner! There is always something new to discover about yourself and the people around you.
Unique characteristic about yourself
- My grandparents are the ones that inspired me to go into geriatric social work! I’ve learned so much from them and they have always been some of my biggest encouragers.