- Katy, TX
- Houston Campus
- BSW 2021; MSW 2022
- Either Velvet Taco or Burger Joint in Montrose!
Why did you choose Baylor's BSW Program?
- I visited the School of Social work in my junior year of high school and fell in love with the people and the program. My time as an undergraduate with Baylor’s School of Social Work was everything I wanted out of a program. From the tight-knit community to the integration of faith into our curriculum and practice- it was the perfect fit. It only made sense to continue with Baylor for my MSW
What is a cause you are passionate about?
- I am passionate about working in the field of foster care and adoption. More specifically, I am hoping to engage in reform of the foster care system to help bring about more equitable and trauma-informed outcomes for those involved.
How does a Master of Social Work degree fit into your career plan?
- An MSW degree will prepare me to engage the diverse populations and social issues that I hope to work with. I will be prepared to engage with my population of interest at the micro-level, but I will also have the skills to engage in more macro-level advocacy work.
What is a piece of advice you would give a prospective student
- I would let prospective students know that it is okay to lean on others for support! I cannot overstate the importance of having a strong support system (which will look different for every person) when you are in the field of social work. I know that it took a lot for me to be able to ask others for help, but it is so worth it!
Unique characteristics about yourself
- I am a first-generation college student!