- Birmingham, Al
- May 2023
- Taco Mama (Birmingham, AL)
Why did you choose Baylor's MSW Program?
- As soon as I started researching graduate programs, Baylor immediately stood out to me. I value the way Baylor’s MSW program seeks to integrate faith and practice ethically.
What is a cause you are passionate about?
- I am passionate about defending children whether that be through abuse prevention and intervention or adoption
How does a Master of Social Work degree fit into your career plan?
- I want to become an LCSW and ultimately serve families, couples, children, and a variety of populations with therapeutic practices. I am pursuing an MSW to lay the foundational work of understanding the bigger picture behind personal influences on behavior and mental health.
What is a piece of advice you would give a prospective student
- I would encourage every student to never place the weight of the world on your post-graduate decisions. You are equipped to do more than you realize. Pick something you are passionate about and grow in confidence as you practice and learn more about it!
Unique characteristic about yourself
- Mejra (my first name) is a Yugoslavian word meaning “peace.”