- Montgomery, Illinois (1 hour south of Chicago)
- Waco Campus
- May 2021
Why did you choose Baylor's MSW Program?
- Baylor's MSW program stood out to me for multiple reasons. I liked the small class sizes and how helpful and nice the staff were when I visited and during the application process. I also liked how the field placements were all year and I could practice what I was learning in classes right away. This MSW program also prepares you to incorporate faith into practice which I feel is important for a social worker to practice.
What is a cause you are passionate about?
- I am passionate about helping and supporting adolescents going through challenging times. I am also passionate about advocating for disability rights and accessibility.
How does a Master of Social Work degree fit into your career plan?
- Having an MSW will equip me to counsel others as well as work in a community setting. I did not receive my bachelor's in Social Work so this gives me the education needed to work in a social work setting.
What is a piece of advice you would give a prospective student
- You will quickly realize how important and beneficial having a schedule is. Scheduling time into your day to work on homework will help you stay organized but also make sure you are getting everything done that needs to be. It is also important to schedule breaks and time to have fun.